Sunday

Peter Rabbit Egg Hunt Party

We just wrapped up the Peter Rabbit Easter Egg Hunt Party and I just couldn't wait to share! It was so much fun! We ate yummy food, hunted eggs, took pics with our star "Peter Rabbit" otherwise known as Daisy our Bunny. :) Such a fun theme to execute! So many ways you can go with it.











Entertainment:
The Star: Photos with Daisy the Bunny


Egg Hunt

FOOD:
The Food Table scape


Organic Carrots and a Banner I made using Peter Rabbit Images made up the Background(http://www.etsy.com/shop/ForgottenOtter)


I made the food labels using the images again and printing on card stock




I found this adorable "Peter" inspired Rabbit at World Market and fell in love! I decided he needed to be featured in our Vegetable Garden!


I made the garden using terracotta pots I purchased at Hobby Lobby. The pots are not for food use so I lined them with lettuce leaves and filled with ranch and mini carrots.


I definitely knew I wanted to feature "Blackberries, Milk and Bread" in the Party Food from the Peter Rabbit Story.



We had Croissants and all the trimmings for make your own Croissant Sandwiches

Spinach Dip, Cheese Crackers and French Bread finished off the food choices.

Kids Table Centerpieces:

We had 3 kids tables to seat the 12 kids at the party.

The centerpieces included White Beaded Bunnies (from Home Goods). They came with pink and blue ribbons tied around their necks, I changed it out to Orange & White Polka dot Ribbon to fit the theme.

The Place Settings featured Grass Place mats (Hobby Lobby), Green Bunny Ear Headbands (Target Dollar Section), "Carrot" Silverware (made using Orange Napkins, Green Silverware (Party City) and Green Ribbon (Michael's).


I found the tutorial for these featured here



I changed out the pipe cleaners for the ribbon.


The 2nd part of the centerpiece was a Carrot Tree. I made it using a White Mini Tree I found in the Easter section of Target Dollar. I covered the base (was blue) with Orange Card stock and Tied an Orange & White Polka dot Ribbon Bow around the rim.


I purchased Mini Carrot Ornaments at Joann Fabrics for the Tree.



Each place setting was finished off with a Mason Jar and Orange & White Striped Straws I had left over from Savannah's Vintage Silhouette Birthday Party


purchased at




Favor Buckets:



What would I do without the wonder that is Target Dollar Section? It doesn't seem to matter the theme I always manage to find exactly what I need there!


This party was no exception!



The Favor Pails (Target Dollar) were filled with a Peter Rabbit Coloring Book, Peter Rabbit Story Book, Carrot Bubbles, (Target Dollar), Peter Rabbit Chocolate Bunny (Big Lots), Jelly Bean Filled Peter Rabbit Candy Box (Joann Fabrics).


I tied a Peter Rabbit Tag to the front of the pails I printed using the Peter Rabbit Images again and White and Green Ribbon.

Dessert Table:


My favorite part, The Desserts!


I hung a Bunny Silhouette Banner for the backdrop for the Dessert Table. I cut the Bunny Silhouettes onto Blue Card stock and attached White Cottonball's for tails.

I hung the banner using Twine to keep the natural look I was going for.


I live and die for this cake, no joke! It is so adorable!


Jeff never ceases to amaze! The simplicity of it is just perfection! The Bunny wrapped in cabbage leaves, mini carrots, little yellow flowers, and a picket fence. So cute!




The taste didn't let down either, Oreo Filled Chocolate Cake Layer and a Peanut Butter Cup Filled Chocolate Layer. YUM!

Luckily, the leftovers are all mine!!!! :)

"Bunny Tails" Powdered Donut Holes


We of course couldn't have an Peter Rabbit Party without a Carrot Dessert of some kind.

We chose to go with Carrot Cupcakes, Cream Cheese Frosting and Marzipan Carrots (World Market)


"Grass" Pixie Sticks (World Market)


Easter Colored Sugar Cookies


Jellybean filled Carrot Shaped Eggs (Target)


I found these amazing and huge Egg Shaped Marshmallows at Fry's Grocery Store here and we decided to cover them in Orange & Green White Chocolate to make "Carrot" Marshmallow Pops.


I found the adorable Green Picket Fence Display they are in at Hobby Lobby. It was being used to display mini windmills but they had an empty box.


I took up to the registers to see if I could purchase it and they said I could have it! Bonus!

The foam alone would have been worth a purchase.


The main elements I always look for to know if the party was a success were all present at this one.


Everyone (adults and kids) had a ton of fun, the food was eaten up, and a nap was needed afterwards! :) I am going to go ahead and label Peter Rabbit Egg Hunt Party a success!


Can't wait for the next one, Glee Karaoke Party here I come!


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable. Thanks for letting us share in this fun! We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely party and I adore Peter Rabbit, such a pretty palette.

    The food looks REALLY good. It made me hungry.LOL

    Thanks for entering it to POM on CPN...good luck:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reall,y really gorgeous job on this party! Lots of fabulous details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely adorable cute party!! Looks like so much fun! I love the details and the theme!!! Great job!
    ~Hugs~
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find the coloring and story books?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHERE DID YOU FIND THE BOOKS AND COLORING BOOK THE CHEAPEST? I CANT SEEM TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE. THANKS

    ReplyDelete